Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sonakshi stands up for every star kid

Sonakshi Sinha is all set to make her mark in the industry with a film opposite Salman Khan...

Reports claim that you’ve walked out of your first film with Salman Khan...
Those are all rumours. I’m very much a part of the film. There is no question of me dropping out after having heard the script and given my nod. Salman’s almost like family; I have no reason to go back on my word.

Since you are very particular about the script, what kind of role have you given your nod to?
The film’s as-yet-untitled and my role is not of a girl-next-door. It’s a character that I wanted to play and I’m pretty excited about the same. I’m not doing a period film but a human drama — a love story.

Now that you are prepared for filmdom, what happens to your career as a designer?
I have studied fashion designing, so I do plan to pursue it. But it has to wait now, till the time I’m settled as an actor. I’m young and exploring a lot of possibilities.

You’ve lost a lot of weight to enter films...
I’ve lost 30 kilos, but that’s not for this particular film. I do yoga regularly to keep fit.

Are you on your way to achieve size zero?
No way! I prefer to be on the healthier side, the quintessential Indian woman is voluptuous and not skinny. But that doesn’t mean I’m against those striving for size zero. To each her own.

Coming back to films, would you be comfortable getting under the skin of bold characters?
No bold roles for me, even if the script demands. I’m not comfortable and need to keep my family background in mind. Wearing skimpy and revealing clothes isn’t really me.

What’s your take on star kids being launched by their parents?
There are a lot of expectations from star kids and they have to live up to them. It’s also true that they get leverage to springboard into movies. But no one’s born to star parents by choice. If they have parents from the industry, what’s wrong in that?

With your brothers also trying their luck in the industry, is it all films that you discuss at home?
We always talk about films. It was more or less certain that I would join films. It was only a matter of time. The discussions we have at home are always entertaining. Even my mother chips in with her suggestions.

How often did you accompany your father, Shatrughan Sinha, on his campaign trail?
Unfortunately, we could not accompany him everywhere. But we did join him whenever we could.

No comments:

Post a Comment