Saturday, June 20, 2009

Vijender doesn't think Mallika hot

Vijender Singh, Olympic bronze medallist, is back home after winning another bronze medal at the Asian Championship in China last Week.

But he’s in the news for another sort of conquest – after making headlines for his meeting with Bips on a reality show, he’s now made an appearance on Salman Khan’s show with Mallika Sherawat. And he’s thrilled that she’s also from Haryana. “Woh bahut achhi hain,” he says about Mallika. “Aur sabse badi baat, woh bhi Jat hain! Last month, before leaving for China, Mallika and I were invited to be the special guests on Salman’s TV show. It was great fun. On the sets, Mallika and I spoke only in Haryanvi! I even sang a Haryanvi song for her – Gadhiwali Gajbhan Chhori, Rohtak Kahe Bomb, Bijli Si Tut Padi, Mare Gaye Hum ... ”

Bijli and all, eh? Does he find Mallika hot? He laughs, “Sab kehte hain Mallika hot hain, par mujhe woh garam nahin lagi. Theek hai, achhi hai ... ”

‘Theek’ might be an adjective that Mallika is unused to, but then, that’s what Vijender thinks. How did he like Salman? “This was the second time that I met Sallu bhai. Woh bahut achha banda hai. Humein ek minute ke liye bhi nahin laga ki main, Mallika aur Sallu shoot kar rahe hain. Bahut hi cool tha. Humein aisa lag raha tha ki hum ghar main baith kar baatein kar rahe hain. Salman was very sweet. He danced for both for us to a special song – Jat Yamla Pagla Deewana. Salman even asked me about boxing and my diet. We cracked a lot of jokes on the sets,” says Vijender.

The boxer himself is beginning to look a little bit like Salman himself, what with that toned physique ... “I’ve lost almost 7 kg and I’m working hard to get fit. Soon, I’ll get busy with my training for the September World Championship in Italy,” he says.
Despite focussing on his sport, he does have other things going on – he’s going to appear in a Bollywood film. “Ab baat chal rahi hai, dekho ... Next week, I’ll go to Mumbai to meet a film director.” As an afterthought, he adds, “Someday, you will see me as a politician. I would love to join politics. Dekho, aage aage kya hota hai.”

No comments:

Post a Comment