Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sonam Kapoor Honored by The Hollywood Reporter

Looks like the "It" girl of Bollywood, Sonam Kapoor is getting recognized in Hollywood as well! The Hollywood Reporter, the trade bible of Hollywood, has selected Miss Kapoor as the only Indian on the list of "the next generation of leaders in the rapidly growing Asian entertainment sector." This section of The Hollywood Reporter titled, "Next Generation: Asia Class of 2009" is a part of a special issue that highlights the flourishing Asian market.

The journal called her role in "Delhi-6" "pretty heady stuff". Her accomplishments will be featured through an article about her career, and also a certificate will be presented to her from the publisher of The Hollywood Reporter, Eric Mika.

Sonam Kapoor said of the tribute "Obviously I am very gratified that such an influential Hollywood publication decided to honor me in this fashion. But given that the Hollywood Reporter issue was devoted to talent from all over Asia, I accepted the honor not just for myself but as representative of all the great new talent that the industry has seen in recent times. Yes, it is pleasing to be recognized by Hollywood so early in my career, but my success is due to the enormous faith that the Indian film industry has placed in me and the great love that I have been lucky to get from my audiences."

The Hollywood Reporter''s "Next Generation" issue comes out every year and is highly anticipated so this is quite an honor for the rising star.

No comments:

Post a Comment